Coronavirus COVID 19 – update
The spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is already having a huge impact on individuals, communities and business. We want to reassure all our clients that we have put in place sensible measures, based on official government guidance, to protect and support our staff (and our clients), and ensure that we can continue to service all of our clients.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any advice, support or guidance on how the changes may affect your business, and what support the UK Government and Welsh Assembly are putting in place.
We will endeavour to answer any of your queries as soon as we can. We are already experiencing a high number of call and email queries. Government advice and support measures are changing daily, and we will endeavour to keep clients up date as and when these details are announced.
We will continue to work closely with all clients to ensure all compliance deadlines are met, and ongoing proactive advice is provided.
We would also ask like to request that all clients deliver accounting records to ourselves on a timely basis, so that our teams can plan this work and ensure it is completed efficiently. You may receive calls from us over the next week or two requesting your accounting records, please can we ask that you do whatever you can to ensure that these records can be provided to us as soon as possible.
Measures WBV have taken;
- WBVs technology infrastructure allows our employees to work effectively from home. Work phone numbers have been redirected to employee’s mobiles, so that all members of our team remain contactable.
- We recognise that many clients may wish to limit face to face contact. We are able to conduct meetings by telephone or skype as necessary.
- Any staff or family member who has travelled recently to one of the listed high risk countries within the previous 14 days will be required to self-isolate if they develop any symptoms, even if they are mild.
- Staff who have symptoms of a persistent cough or raised temperature will stay at home for 7 days in line with Government guidance.
- Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitisers are widely available across our offices for use by both staff and clients.
- In the event that the Government recommends office closure, WBV will be able to react in a way that will minimise any disruptions in our ability to serve our clients.
What is being done by the Government?
The UK government and the Welsh government have announced various support packages for businesses and individuals.
Some of these are detailed below:-
- Business rates relief for businesses in the hospitality, leisure and retail sectors
- The availability of government backed loans. These would be provided by your current bank, with a guarantee for 80% of the outstanding balance provided by the government.
The terms of the loan are favourable with no interest for the first 6 months.
You need to consider that all loans have to be repaid.
- Grants for small businesses
- Government guidelines for employees, employers and business
- HMRC Tax Helpline to support businesses affected by coronavirus
- Government guidance: COVID-19 support for businesses
- Self-employed people will be able to claim Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- 3 month mortgage holiday proposal
Government support helplines are being set up which are designed to help small businesses with advice on how to minimise/cope with the impacts of coronavirus.
The phone number for the Welsh Government helpline is 0300 060 3000.
Finally, please do not hesitate to get in touch with WBV if you have any concerns regarding your personal or business finances as a result of the above.